Patient information for your forthcoming dental appointment at Castle Dental.
We have produced this information so you know what to expect and how to access the practice during this pandemic. You will notice a few changes to what you perceived as normal on your last visit. These measures are to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff. The new measures include
- Do not attend the practice if you have symptoms of coronavirus or are self-isolating
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
- We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We are following the Faculty of General Dental Practice guidelines on safe management of general dental practice
How you can help:
- Masks are no longer mandatory but you are encouraged to wear one whilst inside the practice.
- With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- take great care to keep social distancing on the staircases.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice
- Please do not arrive without an appointment